In recent years, different plant extracts have been popular for their topical applications, promising having better skin in ways more than one. Among others, one of the most popular is the use of green tea, which is believed to be effective because it contains flavonoids with phenolic structures (1). Among others, the following are some of the most amazing benefits that green tea can provide for the skin:
- Prevent Acne: In one study, EGCG, the major polyphenol found in green tea, has been proven to be effective in the treatment of acne bulgaris, making it possible to reduce serum levels in the skin(2).
- Protects against UV Damage: Being abundant with plant polyphenols, green tea is also asserted to be effective in providing the skin with protection from the harmful rays of the sun (3). With the high level of protection it provides the skin against sun damage, it is also known for the prevention of skin cancer (4).
- Rich in Antioxidants: By being rich in antioxidant, it is also known for having excellent anti-inflammatory compounds that promote better-looking skin, even if you are already aging. (5).
- Rich in Antimicrobial Properties: Because of such, you can expect that the application of green tea will help in getting rid of the bacterial infection on the skin (6).
White Lotus Green Tea Serum
- All products are made from organic ingredients. The oil extract from green tea is mixed with different herbs that will not only prevent the appearance of visible signs of aging, but can also treat scars, marks, and other skin imperfections.
- Information about ingredients can be easily found, which is reflective of transparency, and you can easily check if any ingredient is dangerous
- There is no use of water, which can provide you with the assurance of the purity product and its ingredients
- Made from crushed camellia seeds and known for delivering a wide array of skin benefits
Reasons to Use Lotus Roller with our Serums
- Nourish the cells and improve its nutrition to handle cellular repair
- Reduce dryness, which is common with skin needling. Provide moisturising benefits that are not possible with the use of water-based creams.
- Prevent sensitivity with sunlight
You can be confident about the quality of our serums and be provided with a guarantee of satisfaction. All options within our product range are certified by the Soil Association and made with the use of 85% natural products. This means that there are no harsh ingredients and toxic chemicals, which can be possibly damaging the skin. The Vegan Society also recognises our serums, which is a testament to how they are made with the use of carefully-selected ingredients that are proven to be effective in nourishing the skin. There are no animal products used, and they were not also tested in animals. They are Halal, and manufactured in the United Kingdom, in facilities where quality is the priority.
- Hsu, S. (2005). Green Tea and the Skin. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 52(6), 1049-1059
- Yoon, J.Y., Kwon, H.H., Min, S.U., Thiboutot, D.M., and Suh, D.H. (2012). Epigallocatechin-3-Gallate Improves Acne in Humans by Modulating Intrcaellular Molecular Targets and Inhibiting P. Acnes. Journal of Investigative Dermatology. 133, 429-440
- Oyetakin-White, P., Tribout, H., and Baron, E. (2012). Protective Mechanisms of Green Tea Polyphenols in Skin. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity.
- Katiyar, S. K., Perez, A., and Mukhtar, H. (2000). Green Tea Polyphenol Treatment to Human Skin Prevents Formation of Ultraviolet Light B-induced Pyrimidine Dimers in DNA. Clinical Cancer Research 6, 3864.
- Katiyak, S.K., and Elmets, C.A. (2001). Green Tea Polyphenolic Antioxidants and Skin Photo Protection. International Journal of Oncology. 18(6), 1307-1313
- Reygaert, W.C. (2014). The Antimicrobial Possibilities of Green Tea. Frontiers in Microbiology. 5, 434